DONATE NOW TO HELP WITH DISASTER RELIEF AND LONG-TERM RECOVERY EFFORTS
We gratefully acknowledge the thousands of 2019 donors who contributed to Hurricane Dorian Disaster Relief efforts. Those donors are listed here.
The Outer Banks Community Foundation collects disaster relief donations for both Dare County and Ocracoke. Every penny that is donated will directly assist individuals and families in need on the Outer Banks. The Community Foundation helps with all disaster efforts, from immediate relief to long-term recovery, and even reconstruction and rebuilding.
The Disaster Relief Fund is used for emergency food, shelter, water, sanitation, supplies, and health care. We have been administering the Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricanes Matthew, Isabel, Irene, Sandy, Arthur, Hermine, Michael–and, most recently, Dorian.
The Disaster Relief Fund is ready and waiting so that we can respond immediately to emergency situations. However, donors can support this fund any time, not just when a disaster strikes.
If you wish to donate to the Disaster Relief Fund, please call us at 252-261-8839, or click here to donate securely online. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible.
If you or a family member has been affected by a recent disaster, please call Interfaith Community Outreach at 252-480-0070 to get the help you need. Here are some other local resources for disaster victims:
- NC 2-1-1 Information and Referral Line – 211 or 888-892-1162
- American Red Cross (Elizabeth City) – 252-335-2185
- Beach Food Pantry – 252-261-2756
- Cape Hatteras United Methodist Men – 252-305-4925
- Dare County Department of Social Services – 252-475-5500
- Hatteras Island CERT – 252-995-2034
- Hatteras Island Food Pantry (Buxton) – 252-475-0147
- Lifeline Outreach and Food Pantry (Salvo) – 252-489-0306
- Interfaith Community Outreach – 252-480-0070
- Roanoke Island Food Pantry – 252-473-2089
- Salvation Army (Elizabeth City) – 252-338-4120
- Dare County Emergency Management – 252-475-5655
- Hyde County Emergency Management – 822-543-3248