When disaster strikes, your Community Foundation is ready to help.
The Outer Banks Community Foundation is the official lead agency for the collection and disbursement of all public donations for disaster recovery in Dare County. In partnership with the County and Interfaith Community Outreach, we use 100% of all disaster relief donations to directly assist individuals and families on the Outer Banks. Every single penny donated goes directly to individuals in need. The Community Foundation helps with all disaster efforts, from immediate relief to long-term recovery, and even reconstruction and rebuilding.
In recent years, the Community Foundation has given more than $336,700 in Disaster Relief Fund grants to help families in Dare County get back on their feet in their greatest time of need. Donations to the Disaster Relief Fund have been used for emergency food, shelter, water, sanitation, supplies, and health care following Hurricanes Matthew, Irene, Sandy, Arthur, and Hermine.
The Disaster Relief Fund is ready and waiting so that we can respond immediately to emergency situations. However, donors can support this fund any time, not just when a disaster strikes.
If you wish to donate to the Disaster Relief Fund, please call us at 252-261-8839, or click here to donate securely online. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible.
If you or a family member has been affected by a recent disaster, please call Interfaith Community Outreach at 252-480-0070 to get the help you need. Here are some other local resources for disaster victims:
- NC 2-1-1 Information and Referral Line – 211 or 888-892-1162
- American Red Cross (Elizabeth City) – 252-335-2185
- Beach Food Pantry – 252-475-5975
- Dare County Department of Social Services – 252-475-5500
- Hatteras Island CERT – 252-995-2034
- Hatteras Island Food Pantry (Buxton) – 252-475-0147
- Lifeline Outreach and Food Pantry (Salvo) – 252-489-0306
- Interfaith Community Outreach – 252-480-0070
- Roanoke Island Food Pantry – 252-473-2089
- Salvation Army (Elizabeth City)– 252-338-4120