Whether you’re an accountant, attorney, financial planner, or investment manager, your clients rely on you for all kinds of financial, legal, tax, and investment advice.
But what about philanthropy… Are you talking to your clients about charitable giving? And what tailored, local resources can you share with them about their philanthropic choices?
The Outer Banks Community Foundation can help. We are your one-stop shop for local, planned philanthropy. The Community Foundation manages over $12 million across 125 diverse charitable funds, providing tailored, flexible services to help donors support the charities and causes that inspire them.
Whether your client wishes to give during his or her lifetime or by bequest, for general charitable purposes or for a specific nonprofit or cause, we are here to help you.
We serve as a partner to lawyers, financial advisors, CPAs, and other professionals, providing you with whatever localized, specialized resources, tools, and expertise you need. You retain complete control of your client relationships, while we act as a resource and partner to help you help your clients identify and achieve their charitable goals.
Take a look at some of the introductory literature below on planned philanthropy and the services we offer. Most of this information is in PDF format, ready to print and share with your clients.
Then, please give us a call (252-261-8839) and let us know how we can help.
Resources for Advisors
Client Scenarios (coming soon…)
Types of Funds: Overview (webpage, PDF file)
• Designated Funds (PDF file)
• Donor-Advised Funds
• DAF Overview (PDF file)
• DAFs with the Outer Banks Community Foundation (PDF file)
• Field of Interest Funds (PDF file)
• Organizational Funds
• Scholarship Funds
• Scholarship Overview (webpage, PDF file)
• Scholarship Funds with the Outer Banks Community Foundation: All You Need to Know (PDF file)
• Unrestricted Funds (PDF file)
Comparing Private Foundations with Donor-Advised Funds (PDF file)
What is “Endowment”? (PDF file)
What to Give and Ways to Give: Overview (webpage, PDF file)
• Charitable Remainder Trusts (PDF file)
• Charitable Lead Trusts (PDF file)
• Gifts of Real Estate (PDF file)
• Gifts of Securities
• Gifts of Appreciated Stock (PDF file)
• Philanthropic Strategies with Concentrated Portfolios (PDF file)
• Gifts of Life Insurance (PDF file)
• Gifts by Bequest (PDF file)
• Sample Bequest Language (webpage)